Being brutally honest about books

Tuesday 1 November 2016

October: a busy month

Winter's out, summer's in!

Life

I was hardly active on this blog last month. If you missed me, here are the possible reasons why:

  • University ended, so I had all sorts of assignments due! (Now I only have one exam next week, on the 7th (which is also my birthday...) and then I've completed my first year of uni!
  • I was sick during almost the whole last week of uni, which is also when I had two assignments due, so I didn't have the energy to blog. 
  • I was participating in my second Femslash Exchange! This is a yearly gift exchange when you create F/F stories (mostly fanfiction, but original work is a category too) or art, and receive one in return. I wrote three things this year, which was really fun.
  • I was binge watching a British sit-com. 
  • I was reading War and Peace, one of the longest novels published. I'm hoping to finish it today, so stand by for a long review!

Posts

Top Ten Villains on TV

Top Ten Characters I'd Name a Cat After

Read

Just this and nothing else. Well, except for stuff I had to read for uni. And fanfiction.

Posts around the blogosphere 

Aentee at Read At Midnight hosted #CritYourFaves, which I sadly found out about too late to participate in.
Berls at Fantasy Is More Fun asked what unimportant elements draw you to a book.
Jordon at Simply Adrift discussed what makes you WANT to read a book blog. I fail miserably.
Reg at She Latitude posted about the 'Not to Read' Pile. I found this very relevant as I'm forever adding to and culling my TBR list.

How was your October? Productive? Busy? Fun??

I'm Alexandria, a 19-year-old reader/writer/blogger from New Zealand. I love language, history, and sci-fi. Hi! I'm always around if you want to talk, which you can do via comments, the contact form, or Facebook.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.