Being brutally honest about books

Monday 1 August 2016

Thirty Bookish Facts About Me

Thank you Cait at Paper Fury for sharing these questions!

1) Currently reading?

Music & Silence by

2) Should’ve read, like, yesterday?

Throne of Glass by

3) Book that impacted you?

One? Just one?!

5) Current series crush?

 Don't have one.

6) How strong is your self-control around books?

 Well, if I see a book lying around anywhere, I pick it up to look at it. But apart from wanting to look at all the books, I'd say I have good self-control, especially about buying them.

7) Plot vs characters? 

Strong, interesting, and unique characters are necessary for me to love a book. However, I find narrative a very interesting topic to study (I'm a Media student, I've studied it twice). When a book has great characters and little plot, it can be okay. When a book hasn't got great characters but has a very interesting plot, it can be good. So I might go with plot.

8) Would you write under a pseudonym?

Yes. But I also want recognition. So I don't know.

9) Would you marry your bookshelf?

We live together anyway, I don't need a document to prove my love. I guess we're living in sin, then.

10) Do you ever get sick of reading?

Yes. Doesn't everybody? 

11) Random bookish memory?

 "Companionably reading" with one of my old friends. Our whole friendship was mostly based around this - we would usually sit in her room and each read our own book. I need a new friend to do this with; it was great.

12) Character you relate to? 

I find it very hard to relate to characters in books and I can't think of any.

13) Do you own bookish merchandise?

I have a rune necklace from when I got my book signed by Cassandra Clare.

14) Controversial opinion? 

Romance is unnecessary in books for young people. That includes eleven-year-olds and eighteen-year-olds. I'm not saying don't put romance in any book at all (I agree, but no-one would take me seriously) just that it's unnecessary.

15) NOTP?

  Plenty but none I can think of specifically.

16) Why didn’t I love this?

What is this question asking? No comprendo. 

17) Hardcover vs paperback?

Paperback. (Hardcovers are just so hard to hold.)

18) Do you ever like villains?

Yep 

19) Cringeable reads? 

Paranormal fiction in general.

20) Where do you get your books from?

Libraries, for the most part. 

21) Haunting read?

I'm sure I've read some, but I can't think of any. 

22) Highly anticipated upcoming release? 

I don't actually have any, for once in my life. I'm not anticipating any upcoming releases. This is a good thing, though.

23) Annoying character qualities?

 Moody, "popular", "unpopular", spoiled brat, too noble or selfish to sacrifice one person/thing for the greater good.

24) Least favourite genre?

Animal stories. Although I have read a surprising number of horse books for someone who doesn't like animals.

25) Best tropes?

 Girl dresses as boy. Hate-love. Female warriors. Anti-heroes.

26) Rereading?

Only for books I love

27) Have you abused a book?

I nearly threw a copy of one of the Lord of the Rings books out the window on accident. 

28) Series you quit on? 

 Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters universe. I loved The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, but I have no interest in reading the new series because there's a bit of sameness and I've just grown out of it.

29) Wish it wasn’t a standalone?

 I can't think of any. For at least the past year, I've preferred to read standalones over series. 

30) Bad bookworm side-effects? 

Getting writing inspiration from every book you read, so that while you're reading a book you're thinking of your own writing and therefore don't take in the book you're reading.
I'm Alexandria, a 19-year-old reader/writer/blogger from New Zealand. I love language, history, and sci-fi. Hi! I'm always around if you want to talk, which you can do via comments, the contact form, or Facebook.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.